The Time Machine is built-in feature of Mac OS X Yosemite which is used for taking backup of your all saved data. It was integrated with Leopard (version 10.5) too. The time Machine is really awesome and best way which can be used to backup and restore data of your Mac.
The backup is very much crucial in order to be on the safe side, as if you may loose your data then you can easily restore it, if you have backup of it. However, there must be many people who are not acquaint with the process of taking backup and restore with Time Machine. Therefore, today we are going to make you learn that, “How to Backup and Restore Mac OS X Yosemite with Time Machine?”
- Must Check: How to Set Parental Control On Mac OS X
Learn-How to Backup and Restore Mac With Time Machine
So, here are the steps which are needed to be followed. We would thoroughly recommend you to take backup on every seven days and you must use Time Machine for such purpose. The practice of taking backing up will always let you to be on the safe side. Now, you are requested to get towards the below steps:
- First of all, Select Time Machine from the Main menu and then Click on Open Time Machine Preferences.
- Now, you will have a window of Time Machine. Here if you see Time Machine set off then turn it On by Clicking on switch button.
- Ones you have turned On Time Machine, then Click on Select Disk.
- Afterwards, select the disk of which you want to take backup of.
- Now, ones the disk is selected then it will take some minutes of yours to take complete backup of your selected disk.
- This was it!
Read Here: How to Connect VPN on your Mac OS X
Restore Complete Mac Data
- First of all, enter the Recovery Partition on your Mac by pressing power up Mac and hold Command+Rbuttons.
- Then you will able to see a window named OS X Utilities.
- Now, from this window you need to select Restore from Time Machine Backup and then Click on Continuebutton.
- After that, you will have another window which will give you all files and folders which are going to be restored. Read the list and Click on Continue.
- Now, you will be asked to select the Backup. You need to select the most recent backup and then Click on Continue button.
- After that, it will take some minutes of yours to complete the restoring process and then it will restart your Mac.
- This was it!
This was our guide to backup and restore your complete data of Mac with Time Machine. We are sure that this guide would have been proven helpful for many of the users out there. If you have any kind of question or confusion left then do let us know. We shall try to get back to your queries and questions as soon as possible. Furthermore, if you have found this guide helpful and worth reading then don’t forget to share this guide with your other friends and circle too.