Now a days PC usage is common and everyone uses memory cards and pen drives to transfer data from one computer to another computer. In the recent days flash drives usage is increased tremendously because it is easy to carry and at the same time you can take GB’s of data with these tiny devices. Coming to the point sometimes these pen drives and memory cards doesn’t allow to copy any data to pen drive and only allow to read the data which is stored in that device.
When you are trying to copy something into that flash drive it shows a message like “The disk is write-protected”. If it shows message like this you cannot perform any copy paste operations on that USB drive.
Possible Reasons for USB Write Protection
There are so many reasons for USB write protection, some errors happened due to malware and virus attack, some errors occurred due to PC settings.
- To prevent from virus PC users make USB drives and memory cards read only
- Malware and virus can change settings into read only and can’t be changed
- Memory cards have a small button which allows you to read the data only.
Learn-How to Remove Write Protection
So, here are some steps and tips which you need to apply to remove write protection from your Pen Drive or Memory cards. Now, without wasting your more time, you are supposed to get towards the steps to get your solution.
Perform Low-Level Formatting
By performing low level formatting you can get your pen drive or memory card into previous state. Users must pay attention when do this low level formatting. Because you will loss data which is stored in your pen drive.
Steps to Perform Low Level Formatting
1. First you need to download one special tool for this operation because by using windows default format method this issue cannot be resolved
2. Now format your memory card or pen drive using this low level formatting tool
3. After that open run dialogue box by pressing Win+R key combination and type diskmgmt.msc in the box
4. Now in the disk management system you can find your pendrive or memory card along with other hard disk partitions. Once format your flash drive and allocate space to that drive
5. Now your pen drive doesn’t show a message “This disk is write protected” while copying files to pen drive.
Modify Registry settings
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you can try this method. Before changing registry settings make sure to backup all registry settings. Because changing registry settings lead to system crash.
Steps to Remove Write Protection Using Registry Editor
1. First you need to open run dialogue box by pressing Win+R key combination and type regedit in that box
2. Now it will open some sort of settings which are related to system settings in windows.
3. Now search for the following registry key through edit menu.
4. If the above key doesn’t exist in the registry editor then simply download the below batch file and just run it on your computer. It automatically adds to registry editor
5. Now again search for that key and this time you’ll definitely find that key. In that go to write protect key and change the value from 1 to 0. Here 0 means off and 1 means ON
Here we successfully turn off write protection to your pendrive/memory card using the default windows trick.
Remove Write Protection on Transcend Memory Card/Pen-drive
If you have transcend company memory card/pen drive then this method will work for you. By using the below tool you can remove write protection to any transcend memory card/pen drive.
- First of all download Online Recovery Tool and run it on your windows computer
- Now connect your write protected transcend pendrive/memory card to PC
- Now select any one option from the available two options. If you want to remove data and write protection then choose first option. This option will remove whole data and write protection
- If you want to remove write protection only then choose second option, this one only remove write protection from the pen-drive and keep your data safe
- After choosing desired option click on start button to complete the formatting process
- This was it!
This was our guide which has made you learn to remove write protection from flash drive and SD Card. I am sure your all queries have been removed now. However, if you have any kind of confusion or question left then do let us know. Any of our team member will get back to your queries as soon as possible. Furthermore, don’t forget to share this article with your other friends and circle too.